At first we were all about getting back to the mainland and leaving spring break behind, but now that we have two feet on firm ground and have come down from the spring break haze, there’s nothing like those Bimini withdrawals.
You know you are going through withdrawals when…
1) You walk around like you’re the best thing that this world has ever seen and when people comment on your tan you’re just like, “oh I know, thanks!” But don’t worry–soon this sun-inflicted alter ego will fade, along with your golden tan after a few days of classroom gloom.
2) You constantly have your hand out, as if you’re just waiting for someone to place a perfectly icy cocktail in your hand.
3) You catch yourself zoning out and daydreaming about all the EDM music, strobe lights, and beaches you left behind in Bimini.
4) You and your friends already have a countdown until next year….even though, as you were on the ferry leaving the island, you swore you would never come back.
5) You awkwardly walk by people you recognize from the pool party/beach party but you don’t know whether you should say hi or just pretend like you don’t know them. So you awkwardly smile and power walk by.
6) You scroll through your pictures reminiscing about the good ol’ days when, in fact, spring break was two days ago.
7) You sit in the library under the fluorescent lights and pretend like it’s Bahamian sun.
8) You miss the days when it was legal for you to walk around with a drink, without a care in the world.
If any of these apply, you, my friend, have a case of the Bimini withdrawals–tag a friend who can relate.
Kamila Knaudt is a sophomore from California studying journalism with a minor in modern languages. If she is not watching Criminal Minds you can find her outside doing something adventurous. Kami’s dream is to one day eat her way around the globe.
words_kamila knaudt. gifs_giphy