photos and captions_kate pryslak
December 5, 2011
This year marked the 10th anniversary of Art Basel, one of the most prestigious art shows in the Americas. From December 1 through December 4, various events throughout Miami Beach were put together as part of the art show. Other Miami neighborhoods, such as the Wynwood Art District took part in Art Basel as well.
1. John Jansheski’s photos featured at the gallery opening of Star Island- MAPS Studios.
2. Alex Goldklang, senior at UM studying Communication studies and women and gender studies, looks at a photo by John Jansheski.
3. Refinery29 Miami Launch hosted by GUESS? at Cafeina Lounge in Wynwood offered complimentary vodka drinks sponsored by Svedka.
4. One of the many unique installations found in one of the galleries in Wynwood.
5. Kat Armstrong, a senior at UM studying public relations and psychology, admires some of the murals in the Wynwood district.
6. Artists pose in front of their mural in Wynwood off NW 25th Street.
7. John Jansheski pays homage to University of Miami with a splatter paint UM hat and a colored-duct tape “U” at his gallery opening in Wynwood.