“Why walk when you can crawl?” is the motto for one of Miami’s favorite events, the Brickell Bar Crawl. Bar Crawl includes five to six drinks for $25 for everyone 21 years old and over. With the bars all in the same area, the event is incredibly fun and gives both locals and tourists a chance to see the Brickell night life. Here are six tips to get the most out of your Bar Crawl.
1. Don’t lose your ticket. When you first check in, you’re given a ticket with all the bars and your redeemable tickets. If you lose this ticket, there go all your free drinks with it. For the night, consider it as important as your wallet and your phone.
2. Wedges or sandals. Ladies! We know Brickell is beautiful but remember, you’re walking around all night. Not even that, some of the streets and sidewalks are made of cobblestone a.k.a., your heel’s worst nightmare. Opt for either sandals/flats or at least wedges so you don’t get too tired or ruin your shoes.
3. Pace yourself. Water is going to be your best friend. It’s easy to get lost in your Tequila Sunrises but we want you alive for your Sunday morning! Plus, you’re going to want to make it to the after-party at the end so make sure you’re still functional after that fourth drink.
4. Get there relatively early. If you’re impatient and hate lines, don’t show up 15 minutes before registration closes. For larger events like holidays, the lines and bars get incredibly packed and showing up about an hour before registration closes can save you time and get you drinking quicker than everyone else.
5. Take pictures. You and your friends might end up dancing on a table. You all might make friends with a cop. Maybe you’ll befriend a DJ or get stuck in the middle of a dance-off. Whatever happens, heavily document it and rewatch the glory of your Snapchat Story the morning after.
6. Look out for these characters as you Bar Crawl:
- That friend who promises they can handle their drinks but can’t.
- The one that doesn’t want to stop dancing.
- “Tequila’s my best friend” and then they pressure you into meeting Jose Cuervo for the night.
- “I hate shots” yet this friend takes them anyway.
- The Snapchatter that won’t stop zooming into the faces of drunk strangers on the street.
Alina Zerpa is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, a major Oreo enthusiast and spends way too much time on Tumblr.