This past weekend a few friends and I embarked on what seemed like the trip of a lifetime. Six hours north of Miami there is a town called Live Oak.
In this seemingly empty land, lies a very special place tucked into the spooky and weepy woods, The Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park.
From the outside we weren’t be able to tell much of what was going on inside the festival gates. However, once we entered we were astonished to see just how much life was teaming inside the woodsy park. People used about every square inch of the venues grass valleys and smaller spaces tucked into the woods. It was interesting to see how different everyone’s set up was, and how much free range you were allowed. It was actually quite overwhelming at first, but after cruising around for a bit we found the perfect the spot.
- Avocado toast 2 ways:
- Cranberry walnut bread, pesto, avocado, burrata, balsamic glaze, fresh mint
- Cranberry walnut bread, avocado, fried egg, fresh mint
- Red curry fried rice w/chicken apple sausage, egg, zucchini & cabbage
- ‘BLT’ Brunch wrap: naan bread, bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado, pesto curry chicken, fried egg
- Blue corn tortilla chips w/ hummus
- Trail mix
- Yogurt covered pretzels
- Sesame honey cashews
- Pita crackers
- Dark chocolate peanut butter cups
- Tons of fruit
words_dakota regan_ photos_ dakota regan & sadie mathews