Public relations and political science major Alice Campbell does vintage justice pairing her Brandi crop top and Urban Outfitter boots with a vintage skirt.
On the search for a fabulous outfit? While vintage clothing may be an inspired blast from the past, many gals still have a tricky time pinning down the perfect vintage-inspired look.
Whether this is a refresher course or you’re a vintage newbie, check out these simple tips to see how you can become a vintage pro.
- Something old + something new=a perfect outfit. Practice makes perfect. Start by incorporating one vintage piece and advance from there – two, three,. You’ll become a vintage styler in no time.
- Pick pieces that showcase timeless beauty to incorporate vintage in a modern look. Wearing vintage fashion doesn’t mean you have to look old-fashioned. Miami is the picture of modernity. Check out our model’s skirt for a perfect inspiration for incorporating the old and new. It’s all about balance.
- Go for accessories. Vintage doesn’t have to be limited to clothing. You never know where you will find a beautiful vintage necklace or bracelet. This old piece may just be a way to revitalize your wardrobe or favorite outfit! In with the old for a trendy touch.
- Be unique. The fun of vintage is that it is one-of-a-kind. Don’t limit yourself in styling. Try things out and don’t be afraid to take a risk! Just don’t go head to toe – unless you’re going to a costume party.
- Make your vintage item the central point. Style around it.
Public relations and political science major, Alice Campbell, certainly knows how to pull off vintage. She pairs her vintage skirt with a flowery feminine Brandi crop top and vibrant red boots purchased from Urban Outfitters. She perfectly exemplifies all our tips incorporating the old and new, keeping her skirt as a central focus to show off her legs, and exemplifies her personal style. Alice certainly knows her way around the vintage block.
words_alyssa jacobson. photos_karli evans.